...you must end the one before it. Although leaving a chapter of your life behind is a difficult thing to do, the pain reminds you that you're still alive. The first step in this new venture of mine must be to end things that aren't helping me in my journey towards happiness. It's hard for me to accept that things may be over, but it's something that is necessary for me to say I am doing what I want to do. While there are things in my past that I can say I probably shouldn't have done, I would never regret doing them because they made me who I am today. My lovely sister gave me some strong words of wisdom: Everyone you've met and will meet will teach you something. While some may hurt you, they were put in your life for a reason and taught you a lesson. I believe this wholeheartedly. I wouldn't be the person I am today without this man who shared the past two years with me. He taught me more about myself than I thought imaginable. It's hard for me to think of myself separate from him, but you know when it's time to do so and that time is now. I am happy to surround myself with those who want to be with me and am trying to learn how to let those go who don't. Who knows what will happen in the next two years, but right now I think we can both say that the timing just wasn't right. This may be the hardest step in my "attempt at living," but it is a necessary one, I believe. My crutch is gone and now is my time to learn how to truly be independent.
Wish my luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment